Polarization Maintaining (PM) Fiber Switch
FEATURES OF PM FIBER SWITCH (POLARIZATION MAINTAINING OPTICAL SWITCH)
- Low Insertion Loss and High Reliability
- Serial Interface (RS-232)
- Modularized Design
- Epoxy-free on Optical Path
APPLICATIONS OF PM FIBER SWITCH (PM OPTICAL SWITCH)
- Optical Signal Switching and Routing
- Optical Network Monitoring
- Testing of Fiber Optic Component
- Military Communications
Specifications of the 1xN PM Optical Fiber Switch
Channel Number (N) 1×N (N ≤ 16) or other channel counts on request
Fiber Type Panda PM fibers
Insertion Loss (dB) Typ: 0.5; Max: 0.8
Extinction Ratio (dB) ≥ 20 dB (standard) or better
Operating Wavelength (nm) 1310-1550
Testing Wavelength (nm) 1310 or 1550
Return Loss (dB) ≥ 50
Crosstalk (dB) ≥ 70
Wavelength-Dependent Loss (dB) ≤ 0.25
Temperature-Dependent Loss (dB) ≤ 0.25
Repeatability (dB) ≤ 0.02
Lifetime (cycles) ≥ 10 million
Switching Time (ms) ≤ 8 (adjacent channel)
Power Handling (mW) ≤ 500
Power Supply 5V / 500mA
Control Mode TTL
Connector FC, LC, SC, ST, etc.
Operating Temperature (℃) -20 to +70
Storage Temperature (℃) -40 to +85
Dimension (mm) 135 × 64 × 32 mm, 19" rack or different sizes on request
- For requests please see the ordering information section and specify the number of channels, operating wavelength range, control mode, etc.
- The polarization maintaining (PM) fiber optical switch is powered by a universal AC/DC adaptor that is able to convert 100-250 VAC to 5 VDC.
- Lfiber can offer a plug and play solution for directly programming (RS232 control) the switch via USB upon request. If there is a need, we can offer software solutions (based on Microsoft Windows OS) so that users can easily control the PM fiber optical switches.
- Unless otherwise specified, the slow axis of the fiber is aligned with the key of the connector.
- Standard port/channel counts of the PM fiber switches: 1×2, 1×4, 1×8, 1×16, 1×24, 1×32, 1×48, 1×64, 1×128, etc. Other channel counts are also available on request.
- The PM fiber switches can be installed in 1U units on standard 19-inch racks. We offer customization upon request if needed.
- Lfiber’s optical switches are customizable and the specifications are subject to change without notice.
- For product customization or special requirements, please contact our sales representative.
|RS232 Control via USB: Hardware Connection of the PM Optical Fiber Switch|
|Pin Configurations of the Polarization Maintaining (PM) Optical Fiber Switch|
DB-9 Male Connector
|Pin No.||I / O||Signal||Descriptions|
|9||Power||VCC1||5.0 ± 5% VDC Power Supply (500mA)|
|1, 4, 6, 7||NC||NC||Vacancy|
|Dimensions of the Polarization Maintaining (PM) Optical Fiber Switch|
|Optical Route of the Polarization Maintaining (PM) Optical Fiber Switch|
|Control Chart of the Polarization Maintaining (PM) Optical Fiber Switch|
- “_” expression underline.
- Communication protocols are all capital letters.
- The communication protocol commands, “<” as the start, “>” as a terminator.
Baud rate: 9600 | Data bits: 8 bit | Stop bit: 1 bit | Parity bit: None | Command error return “< OSW_ERROR >”
Software Control Chart (For Reference Only)
The PM optical switch transmits the command to control the optical switch through RS232 serial communication. The optical switch receives the command successfully and returns the response.
To program the PM fiber switch directly over USB (RS232 control), we can throw in a USB 2.0 to DB9 male serial cable (RS232 converter/adaptor), and then the switch can be connected to the USB port on your device. Click USB to DB9 Male Serial Cable Driver to download the driver for the converter/adaptor.
- The PM fiber switch is bidirectional in operation.
Ordering Information for the Polarization Maintaining (PM) Optical Fiber Switch
Port/Channel Number Test Wavelength Fiber Type Control Mode Fiber Length Connector
1×N (N ≤ 16) 1310 nm Panda PM fibers RS232 0.50 m None
Custom … 1550 nm RS232 (via USB) 1.00 m LC/UPC
Custom … 1.50 m LC/APC
Custom … SC/UPC
Related Products of PM Fiber Switch (Polarization Maintaining PM Optical Switch)