Basics of High Power Polarization Maintaining Isolator (Fiber-Coupled PM Isolator)
High Power Polarization Maintaining Isolator (1310nm, 1550nm)
FEATURES OF POLARIZATION MAINTAINING ISOLATOR
- Polarization Maintaining
- Low Insertion Loss
- High Isolation and Return Loss
- High Reliability and Stability
APPLICATIONS OF POLARIZATION MAINTAINING ISOLATOR
- Fiber Laser
- Testing Instruments
- PM Fiber Sensor
- Polarization Maintaining (PM) Fiber Amplifier
Specifications of High Power Polarization Maintaining Isolator (1310nm, 1550nm)
Stage Single-stage Dual-stage
Center Wavelength (nm) 1310 or 1550
Operating Wavelength Range (nm) ±20
Typ. Peak Isolation at 23 ℃ (dB) 42 58
Min. Isolation at 23 ℃ (dB) 28 48
Typ. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ (dB) 0.4 0.5
Max. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ (dB) 0.55 0.65
Extinction Ratio at 23 ℃ (only for both axis working) (dB) ≥20
Extinction Ratio at 23 ℃ (only for fast axis blocked) (dB) ≥25
Return Loss (dB) ≥50
Max. Tensile Load (N) 5
Fiber Type Polarization-maintaining (PM) Panda fiber
Operating Temperature ( ℃ ) -5 to +70
Storage Temperature ( ℃ ) -40 to +85
- The high power polarization maintaining isolator (1310nm/1550nm PM isolator) is customizable, and the above specifications are subject to change without notice.
- For device with connectors, IL is 0.3dB higher, RL is 5.0dB lower, ER is 2.0dB lower.
- Operating on both slow axis and fast axis as standard, slow axis working and fast axis blocked available on request.
- Unless otherwise specified, the slow axis of the fiber is aligned with the key of the PM fiber connector.
- Bare fiber should not support the weight of the connector. So that if any connectors needed, for the pigtail type it’s better to choose the 900μm loose tube jacket instead of the 250μm bare fiber.
- For CW high-power optical interconnection, we recommend fusion splice without connectors.
- For product customization or special requirements, please contact Lfiber’s sales department for availability.
Ordering Information for High Power Polarization Maintaining Isolator (1310nm, 1550nm)
Center Wavelength Stage Axis Alignment Package Dimensions Pigtail Type Fiber Length Connector Handling Power Peak Power
1310nm Single-stage Both axis working Φ 5.5x35 mm 250μm bare fiber 0.5 meter None 10W 10kW
1550nm Dual-stage Slow axis working and fast axis blocked 70x12x8 mm 900μm loose tube 0.8 meter FC/UPC 20W 20kW
Others 1.0 meter FC/APC 1.5 meter SC/UPC Specified SC/APC LC/UPC LC/APC Others