Applications of the 1064nm polarization maintaining (PM) isolator include protection of a transmitting laser diode from back reflections. Such reflections increase the noise in the system by disrupting the diode’s operation. The 1064nm PM isolator also improves the stability of fiber amplifiers by minimizing the possibility of feedback, which causes unwanted oscillations in such devices.
Basics of 1064nm PM Isolator (Polarization Maintaining Fiber Optic Isolators)
Fiber-Coupled 1064nm PM Isolator (Polarization Maintaining Optical Fiber Isolators)
1064nm PM Isolator (up to 2W)
FEATURES OF 1064NM PM ISOLATOR
- Polarization Maintaining
- Low Insertion Loss
- High Isolation and Return Loss
- High Reliability and Stability
APPLICATIONS OF 1064NM PM ISOLATOR
- PM Fiber Amplifier
- Fiber Laser
- Testing Instruments
- Mopa Fiber Laser
Specifications of 1064nm PM Isolator (Polarization Maintaining Isolator)
Center Wavelength (nm) 1064
Operating Wavelength Range (nm) ±5
Typ. Peak Isolation at 23 ℃ (dB) 35
Min. Isolation at 23 ℃ (dB) 28
Max. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ (dB) 1.7
Max. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ and Input Power 300 mW (dB) 2
Max. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ and Input Power 1 W (dB) 2.5
Max. Insertion Loss at 23 ℃ and Input Power 2 W (dB) 3
Min. Extinction Ratio at 23 ℃ (dB) 22
Min. Return Loss (Input /Output) (dB) 45
Max. Average Optical Power (W) 2
Max. Peak Power for ns Pulse (kW) 10
Max. Tensile Load (N) 5
Operating Temperature (°C) +10 to +50
Storage Temperature (°C) 0 to +60
- The polarization maintaining isolator (1064nm PM isolator) is customizable, and the above specifications are subject to change without notice.
- For device with connectors, IL is 0.3dB higher, RL is 5.0dB lower, ER is 2.0dB lower.
- Unless otherwise specified, the 1064nm PM isolator can be operating on both slow-axis and fast-axis linear polarizations; Transmitting the
- polarization state on slow axis in one direction and blocking the orthogonal state on fast axis in both directions is available on request.
- Bare fiber should not support the weight of the connector. So that if you need any connectors, it’s better to choose the 900μm loose tube jacket instead of the 250μm bare fiber.
- For product customization, please contact our sales department for availability.
Ordering Information for 1064nm PM Isolator (Polarization Maintaining Isolator)
Wavelength Axis Alignment Fiber Type Package Dimension Pigtail Type Fiber Length Connector Average Power Peak Power
1064nm Both axis working PM1550 33x17x11.5mm 250μm bare fiber 0.5 Meter None 1W 10kW
Slow axis working and fast axis blocked PM1310 Specified 900μm loose tube 0.8 Meter FC/UPC 2W 20kW
PM980 1.0 Meter FC/APC Specified SC/UPC SC/APC LC/UPC LC/APC Others